1. Reviews should be between 3 and five pages long, including
2. Reviews should not include endnotes and bibliography.
3. Reviews should not include a detailed description of plot. For
canonical plays, no plot summary is necessary. For lesser known plays, a
two- to three-line synopsis should suffice.
4. Avoid minute descriptions of action, costume, lighting or sets.
Avoid constructions such as, “And then Don Lope comes out and says...”
Instead, comment on the effi-cacy of the blocking of particular scenes
or the effect caused by costume and decor. Do not describe details of
the performance unless you are going to comment on them.
5. Avoid structures such as “This reviewer thinks...” Reviews are
by definition subjective.
6. One reviewer may not publish more than two reviews in a single